Feature request - online manual

Hi, thanks to Zappy Team for this software.
I would like very much to have a detailed user manual available, even if it’s a work-in progress :).
Regards,
burque505

2 Likes

Hi @burque505

You can find the Zappy action documentations by clicking the help button and selecting the documentation option on the Zappy task editor:

1 Like

Thanks very much. Might I ask if some documentation for “Validate Activities” be added? I see from the picture that these activities may possibly have been added after the documentation was written.

The specific reason for my request is that I would like to know how to ensure that a user enters an appropriate value, e.g. “42” instead of “forty-two” if the script will expect an integer to eventually result, as in the code below entered in the ‘Expression’ panel of a “Decision?” block:

using System;
(context) => 
{    
       if (int.Parse((${MyVar}).ToString())==42)
        {
            return true;
        }  
        else
        {
            return false;
        }
 }

The above will throw an error if the user enters “forty-two” or any other string value that can’t be converted to an integer (I think, at least). I would like to check for this and re-route the flow if an incorrect value is entered.

Thanks again,
burque505

You can find them from Validate.zip (21.3 KB)

Also, in your case you can use Zappy’s exception handling feature or the “Decision?” activity.

For exception handling you can change the execution flow when the type does not match using the light grey connector - highlighted in the image below (it works like a try and catch statement)

@shilpa, thank you very much. You also anticipated my next question (try-catch), and answered it before I could ask it! That workflow in your supplied image would be very useful - I could examine the properties of the Decision? activity to see just how you scripted it. Might I ask you for that? I’m willing to bet it will be useful to others also.
Best regards,
burque505

@burque505, please refer to the sample demonstrating how you can use the decision node for your purpose: decision.zappy (4.9 KB)

1 Like

@rupali, thank you very much.
Regards,
burque505

1 Like